I blogged about this over on the official Xi Omega Xi Virutal Alumnae chapter blog.. but I want to also blog about it over here on my personal blog in hopes of reaching out to others..
Several months ago, I received word, that one of my friends and fellow Alpha Chi Omega, Beta Eta sisters (she was actually in my Rho Gamma group, when I was a Rho Gamma) houses had caught on fire. Lauren, her husband Trip, and son Cade, reside in Tallahassee, and were out to eat when they received a call from a neighbor that their house was on fire. They abruptly left the restaurant, and headed home to find their house in flames. This was about 6 months ago... Lauren and her family have been living at a local hotel ever since. This would be quite an adjustment for anyone, but I cannot even fathom doing so with a young toddler in tow.
Each time I chat with Lauren, she has maintained an upbeat and positive outlook on the situation. She even snapped the below photo in the aftermath, of the book she started the day of the fire, in her stricken home. This in spite of the fact that the family lost nearly everything. Yes the firemen were able to save photos, the computer with images, etc, and some clothes, but imagine watching everything you own up in flames.. Something I simply cannot fathom.
The entire family home, had to be gutted, taking the house down to the studs in parts. In fact they even took off what was left of the roof, and put on an entire new roof. Below are photos of the roof removal and such from July. You can also see the state of the interior at the time.
Much has occurred in the past 6 months.. Below are photos from recent weeks. As you can see drywall is going up, and painting will begin soon. Such a transformation.
We will of course share on the blog what we are able to do for Lauren and her family this holiday..
and from the bottom of my heart, and on behalf of the ladies of Xi Omega Xi
and on behalf of Lauren and her family
THANK YOU in advance