- 4 ears fresh corn on the cob, husks removed
- 1/4 cup Crisco vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 small red pepper, finely chopped (about 1/3 cups)
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves or parsley
- Rub the corn with 2 tablespoons oil. Beat the remaining oil, lime juice, maple syrup and black pepper in a small bowl with a fork or whisk.
- Lightly oil the grill rack and heat the grill to medium. Grill the corn for 5 minutes or until lightly browned on all sides. Remove the corn from the grill. Cut the corn kernels from the cob with a sharp knife.
- Stir the corn, red pepper, green onions and cilantro in a medium bowl. Add the dressing and toss to coat.