C decided he wanted to wear Cotton Boutonnieres. Seems like a reasonable request right? Well, that is what I thought until I started searching for them. They are much harder to find then one would think. I was about to throw in the towel, and my mom happened upon a Handmade Weddings book at the used book store! Flipping thru the pages I found COTTON BOUTONNIERS!!!!Floral Cotton, the Texas tallow (right), lavender (below), clear floral tape and boutonniere pins from Save-On-Crafts. I purchased the navy ribbon from Hobby Lobby.
Here’s what you will need for 12 boutonnieres:
- Cotton (I bought 24 bolls, I worried, I would break a few stems, I didn't so now I have extra)
- Texas Tallow (two bunches)
- Lavender (optional, 1 bunch)
- Floral Tape ( I opted for clear)
- Ribbon (I chose navy to match the bridesmaids’ dresses)
- Boutonniere Pins (I chose pearl ones to match bridesmaids necklaces)
- Hot Glue Gun
We created the smaller boutonniere with just lavender and Texas Tallow for the ring bearer.
and below are a few additional photos of the boutonnieres...