I was recently offed the chance to review Carbonell Extra Light Olive Oil. We had full intentions of trying several different recipes that we found on the Carbonell website . However, C & I had guests in town last week for the FSU summer graduation, and were able to catch up with friends over wine, and appetizers. I quickly pulled this olive oil out, added a bit of balsamic vinaigrette and added some chopped tomatoes for some home made brushchetta (sorry no photos as it was gone before I grabbed my camera)
This week Chris and I tried the Apple Mango marinated Chicken, and it was great!! We found the recipe on the Carbonell website and would recommend it others. Carbonell has been gracious enough to offer a bottle to two lucky readers, be sure to enter the giveaway below.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
1/2 cup Carbonell Extra Light Olive Oil
4 cleaned free-range, boneless chicken breasts(cut into 3-inch strips) we used Publix Greenwise
2 cups fresh apple cider
2 cups mango juice or your favorite equivalent (guava, pineapple or blend) note we used mango
1 tbsp. black pepper
1 tbsp. kosher salt
additional kosher salt and black pepper for seasonal after the marinating process
1. Remove any fat and cartilage from the chicken breast and cut into small 3-inch strips.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together juices, salt, pepper and Carbonell Extra Light Olive Oil.
3. In a glass baking dish, container or resealable plastic bag, lay the strips of chicken in the marinade and let them sit overnight for maximum results.
4. Remove the chicken from marinade and season both sides of the chicken with a pinch of kosher salt and black pepper (50/50 blend).
5. Heat outdoor or indoor grill to high and place strips on it, quickly grilling each side. Do not overcook the chicken as these little strips will cook in about 3-5 minutes total cooking time (remember some of the acids from the juices have broken down the chicken already).
6. Remove cooked chicken from the grill and place in a new clean container.
7. Cover with plastic wrap or foil and let chicken rest (it will continue to
cook slightly). Serve over a simple salad or roasted corn salad.
Hope you are able to try the recipe above, and Be sure to check out the Carbonell website it features recipes and great stories about the brand. Overall it is an interactive and fun website
- About/Contact Me
- House Inspiration
- Shop With Me!
- Links I Love