So when I came across a sorority sister, Allison posting about Apple Beer Cupcakes she tried on Facebook, I knew I just had to try them! She stumbled across the recipe on Brown Sugar Mama. And shared with me!
The recipe is
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 3/4 c. sugar
- 2 1/2 c. flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 2 c. shredded apples (2 Golden Delicious Apples, preferably)
- 1 c. Angry Orchard Beer, Apple Crisp
- 1/4 c. milk
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- maple syrup and pecan pieces for garnish
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 4 c. powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp. heavy cream or milk
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time to make sure that they are well incorporated.
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Now add the vanilla extract milk, and very slowly, pour in the beer while the mixer is still blending.
- Once you shred the apples, place the apple shreds inside a clean kitchen towel and ring the juice into a cup for you to drink later (smiles). Fold the shredded apples into the cupcake batter.
- Line two cupcake pans with cupcake papers and use an ice cream scoop to scoop some of the batter in each cupcake paper. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes. Allow to cool before icing.
- For the icing: Beat together the cream cheese and butter until well mixed. Slowly add the powdered sugar a cup at a time making sure that each cup gets well mixed making a thick and smooth frosting. Add the cinnamon, vanilla, and salt and mix once more and spread or pipe onto your cupcakes. Drizzle with maple syrup and top off with pecan pieces if you would like.
I omitted salt from both the cupcake and the frosting. I also made a second batch with gluten free flour and they turned out great just didn't rise as much